Monday, April 4, 2011

GREENHOUSE GAS

Last post, I mentioned the Revit Lunch: Starter, Main Course, Dessert.


The pictures above come from one of my main courses.  I was just playing around one weekend, trying to link parameters together so that simple changes in input might generate more complex results.  I also wanted to practice using the ability of reference lines to control angular relationships better than reference planes can.

I came up with this little radial array of round columns.  It's set up so that the taller you make the column, the thinner it gets. 



To further simplify input.  All the columns in an array are linked together to grow progressively taller.  So for each array you only input 2 dimensions, a height & a radius.




Three of these were arranged concentrically.  Then I built a conceptual mass surface based on reference lines snapped to the end points of the columns.  And used curtain system by face to create a canopy. 


There just 3 heights & 3 radii to play with, so it's quick to make changes that radically alter the form.  It can look a bit like Stirling's History Library, all sloping one way.  You can make it pitch up to a ridge in the middle, or down into a central valley. 



 
Actually, I lied.  There are 2 heights in each family: a base height & a variation height.  If you make the base small and the variation large then you get a dramatic swoop around the curve.  But if the base is big, and the variation small then the effect is much more subtle.



I called it the Green House Gas, because it's a bit like a Greenhouse, and all the materials are green, and I enjoyed making it.

1 comment:

  1. A gas controller is an essential device for regulating gas flow and pressure in a variety of applications, providing efficient and safe operation of gas systems. It plays a critical role in ensuring that gas is distributed correctly and used safely.

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting a lot of spam so had to tighten up comments permissions. Sorry for any inconvenience. I do like to hear from real people