Thursday, November 17, 2011

CANDELA POWER

So I'm off for the weekend now, but just managed to squeeze in a couple of hours after work to get some scaleability going.  First attempt was not very pretty, but second time around I got the hang of it.  Hopefully time to cobble together an explanation over the next 2 days.


There is a type parameter called "Scale" and I have 3 types in here with values of 10, 20 & 30.  Then I have 3 instance parameters which work together to make the whole thing flatter or spikier.  Each shell is made of 4 nested Hypar families in a circular array.


 And inside the Hypar family I have a nested profile to create one of the voids.  All the voids scale up with the solid by means of linked parameters.  Couple of simple formulas in there, nothing too scary.


That's all for now.  See you next week





No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting a lot of spam so had to tighten up comments permissions. Sorry for any inconvenience. I do like to hear from real people